The British Association of General Paediatrics (BAGP) is open to all
clinicians working in the field of acute and general paediatrics.
Its aims are have a clearer process for general paediatricians to have a
voice within the College including:
- RCPCH General Paediatric College Speciality Advisory Committees (CSAC)
- General paediatric training
- Interaction with other subspecialties
- Workforce and service planning
- Developing a vision for Acute and General Paediatrics
- To contribute more actively to guideline development and the NICE
- To have closer links with research groups within the College e.g.
College Research Division, Medicines for Children Research Network, General and Adolescent Paediatric Research in the United Kingdom & Ireland (GAPRUKI)
- To set priorities for research in general paediatrics
- To motivate, support and guide trainees who wish to become general
The BAGP can ensure that the voice of general paediatrics is heard, but can
only do this with your support. We hope you will decide to join the Association.